20 Dec 2007

An Update on My Thoughts on SagaZone

I am writing this blog to balance things from my first one about manners and attitudes on this site, possibly I was being unfair to people, although I was only going off my own experiences at the time and it was a new site, arranged differently, with a mixture of reasons for people to join.

Unfortunately since joining, the site has had problems regarding access and all sorts of things have been added and taken away, and by the look of it, some of the people who used to use the site, whether this is a good thing or a bad thing we have yet to see.

I have to start on a positive note and say I have met some really lovely people whilst on this site, who've been patient, guided me through the strange layout of the site, supported me in my initial contacts, both in relation to my blogs, but also when I have gone into the various chat rooms and forums, trying to find my way round, as well as integrate in the SagaZone community.

One of my most interesting and enjoyable finds was the Owl's, I don't know how to describe this group, apart from saying what a bunch of kind friendly supportive yet wacky set of people, (wacky may be the wrong word), if any of the owls read this please give me your own suggestions so long as their not rude.

The only difficulty with the Owls, is that they only come out late at night, when most people have gone to bed, to make it worse they actually live in a large tree which appears to be quite cold and draughty at the moment, so how they maintain their humour I'm not really sure of, but they have welcomed me as a mere fledgling, my dilemma, is that keeping them company is quite addictive, despite the fact that often they carry on until early in the morning.

I feel I have to mention certain people who belong to the Owls, first of all Sue who first introduced me to this group, Brenny, who has supported and advised me as well as Clabby who has quietly been there for me, should I mention people such as Dan, ICE or TBL, well now I've done that, gosh I nearly forgot Tipples or should I say Tips who has advised me on all manner of things (ironing was the most useful).

Moving onto my blog and others, because people have been kind enough to read my blog and pass comment, it seemed only fair to go and have a look at theirs, well that was the best thing I could have done, from the unpredictable of HoneyCook and her various adventures, to WilfulWoodpecker and Mallu and their fascinating stories, to the newly found blog of Janet Humphreys, which is so very touching, it is unfair not to mention all the blogs I have read and their authors, but it would take forever to list them all and why they have been so enjoyable.

So how to sum up where we've reached now, well are some lovely kind considerate people on this site, who will go out of their way to help and support others, with a sense of humour, despite some of the difficulties they experience themselves in their day to day life, but very sadly I have personally come across a small number of people who seem to have very strange, not very nice agendas, and in fact can be quite rude, but even worse as I have flitted about the site, and read some of the statements people have made about each other, I feel there are people on the site who use it as a weapon to attack others who do not agree with their thoughts and opinions, my hope is that there are enough of us nice people out there to balance out them others.

Well now it's time to shut up, I hope you enjoyed the read, comments both positive and negative are welcome.

For any of my new found friends that read this, thank you for your support over the last couple of months.

Happy Christmas to you all

No comments: