17 Dec 2007

Confirmed the Concert

Hello, sorry been quiet recently, it seems to of got very busy, last week went to see Affetside Choir & Bessess o the Barn band, doing a christmas carol event locally, I really enjoyed it.

Sadly never found a holiday abroad & wasent willing to pay the price over here for nothing, so just using leave to waste the time away.

Last saterday was invited to a friends home for a party, well you know I am very wary of these things so, was happy that this time there were going to be nice people there that I knew so should not be such a problem.

Well had been told to get there 7pm so arrived 7.30 to be met by hostess in dressing gown & nobody else there, well it seems I got the timing wrong but a least got a comfortable seat. Others that I knew arrived & then was introduced to some really nice people, then it happened man arrived with Kareoki , but luckily had problems setting up.

Eventually he set it up only for me to realise I was in line with loudspeakers, no problem but cannot hear well when it is quiet, so now had to lipread conversations, not sure I always said yes to the right things or vica versa

Well after the last party thought here we go again, but no, people could actually sing in tune & it was music I could relate to, amongst the people there were some a little bit diverish but generally very enjoyable, then she came & sang, sadly I did not know her name but boy did she have a voice, having said that I mentioned this to the hostess only to be picked up, oops was her voice not as good, sadly no.

But then a real suprise amongst the guests was a young lady actress who is going for an interview for American Idol, interestingly she cannot sing but is a good actress, they want people who cannot sing to promote the programme, but to act over the top.

I discussed this with her, her view is any chance of a break will do because she has been training as an actress for 8 years, well best of luck.

Later a pleasant young woman came in on crutches & we were introduced, but I did not quite catch what had happened, but I thought I nodded my head at the right times, later we ended up sitting together & started talking, guess what, how to obtain a Blue Badge & benefits due to disability, I have a feeling I am a little rusty on chat up lines, having said that I did in the course of conversation explain that I was not looking for new relationships at present(door firmly closed)

Having said that we then chatted about all sorts including spiritualism which I am unsure about, but it kept the conversation going & the time flew, suddenly I realised it was way past my bedtime in fact 2am, what a nice night it had been, so I said goodnight to the young lady after giving her the contact details for claiming benefits & my work number if she wanted help.

It seems from talking to the hostess I was not supposed to of done this she was trying to do some matchmaking, well never mind it really was a lovely night & I was stone cold sober from start to finish.

I must of done something right I have been invited to the next party in february

No comments: