15 Nov 2014

My visit to Auckland 15 November 2014

I woke up early today, but Robert the owner had said he would give me a lift to the rail station so I sorted out my washing had breakfast, caught up with e mail and Web chat, then a shower and I was ready to go. Robert was on time and soon we got to the station,  I had said I would walk back but realised maybe it was a little more than I could cope with. Eventually managed to obtain a ticket from the machine then into town. Robert had given me good instructions so I swiftly found my way to the ferry, it was only a short time before it departed.
I went up on the top deck in the hope I would get plenty of good photos but it was to misty also there was a strong wind and the boat rocked a lot, soon we were at the island and disembarked. It was a shock to find out it was an hour and a half  walk to the summit, I set off quite well but soon with the heat,  humidity and effort of walking up a constant slope which was quite rough with nowhere to stop and rest took its toll and I slowed down quite a bit.
Eventually I found somewhere to rest so had a drink, before resuming I also took my coat off as I was getting very warm. As I climbed I took a series of breaks but it still seemed a long time before I finally reached the top.  I had spoken briefly to a couple of young women and taken photos of the two of them.  When I reached the top they were there so I asked if they would take a photo of myself and Chico, they were happy to do this, I rested for a while then off back down in the hope that I would be early enough for the ferry back.

It worked out well but now I was tired and took a couple of pain killers and was pleased when the boat finally arrived. The sea was quite rough and it started to rain quite heavily and I decided to abandon the trip up the tower when we landed. Instead I went for something to eat to make it easier on my return to the apartment,  iy was raining very heavily when we docked, so I found my way to a fast food place. After it was raining heavily so I made my way to the station, bought my ticket and was just in time to catch it with a couple of minutes to go, just hope I do not miss my stop with typing.

By the way I am conscious that there are no photos yet but most of the good ones are on the other cameras,  if I find a way I will happily post them on here

No comments: