20 Nov 2006

What a strange day

Well after a marvelous weekend made better by the fact that someone who I did not know posted a comment ( shows how sad I am) namely scarlett angel, who has an interesting blog of her own, on my comments on Ken Dodds show.

This morning was one of those you do not want for some time. because I was taking a load of paper to be recycled to a church which I put in the car, then went to go out when I realised I had a puncture but could not get at the wheel because of the kerb.

On the way to work I was to have picked up a friend who is one of our volunteeers so decided to ring him to warn of the delay, but could not find his phone number. Eventually with the help of a friend I replaced the tyre and set off, with my friend taking the tyre to be sorted out.

It was one of those days when every traffic light is on red & every junction has a road works, so eventually I picked my friend up & then went to the church. Sadly there was no one to help with the papers then I had to carry onto work where I arrived 1 hour late.

On arriving before I had sat down there was a phone call from somebody that then lasted 1 hour. When I finally got off, other staff were then complaining about problems with the new heaters. I checked them & somebody had messed about with them, so I reset them & started work. Then one of the issues that started last week started again which took the rest of the morning to resolve.

Whatever I did today just took forever, plus I am doing a stall on wednesday so I needed to sort that out as well. Just before I left my boss arrived to tell me he needed some figures before the end of the week although I am only in work thursday afternoon. Eventually I decided to kill 2 birdss by going into work tomorrow whilst I am in town, carry out the task & collect the equipment for the dislay at the same time.

It then started again about the heaters, so I found myself defending myself for something that was nothing basically to do with me.

When I went to the car I realised that I was short on fuel as well as running late so it took forever to get home. Finally I went to meet my mate about the tyre only for him to tell me that he had left it with the tyre man, so I will now have another job to add to tomorrows load.

Because when I assembled my sound system, I found more parts would not work I tried to ring the suppliers, guess what after 10 minutes still no answer so will try again tomorrow.

I am now exausted so will finish this post & settle down, hoping the phone or door keep quiet tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard that Ken Dodd, gives the best live performace. I am glad you enjoyed the night out.
I am very impressed with your photography.

Keep up the good work.

francisthefearless said...

Thank you green with envy, tried to visit your site but could not gain access, re my photos these are the best of 100s, you need to see the others. Whether you are young or old you should enjoy kens show just make sure you have 5 hours to spare, the Diddymen are only a tiny bit of his act.