5 Nov 2006

Annet van der Voort

5 November 2006

I could not sleep, in the early hours of this morning so decided to have a browse through my Saga magazine ( does anybody out there know if I can obtain payment for all these referances to organisations and publications). When I came across a short article about the photographic work of, Annet van der Voort, with a series of her pictures.

This set me thinking (it was a bad time to do it because I could not then go back to sleep), so I went and had a look at her site, which was very interesting.

But also it fitted in with my thoughts over the years of the amazing transformation from childhood to old age of people as shown by the artist, as well as of them getting up to going out to work or play, at different times of the day and at various different occassions.

My own particular memory is of young women who when I visited sometimes would of just had a bath and be in their dressing gown after having a bath, before getting ready to go out with me.

Whilst I waited at their home, as she dried her hair, put on her makeup, then came back after changing into her clothes, it was a true transformation and the attrative caterpillar became a beautiful butterfly.

At the other extreme when I worked in entertainment,i used to see the beautiful women who came in dressed up early evening, sadly after a night of drinking and partying were the other extreme, when they were drunk, makeup spoilt and loud mouthed. What a shame for all that effort, if only they could of had their photos taken at the end of the evening maybe it would of given them food for thought the next time they went out.

1 comment:

andynsue said...

Thought provoking Jeff Andy