24 Nov 2006

Problems of setting up a blog with MySpace

Good morning I was bored last night so I thought what can I do, I then thought not many people are reading my blog other than friends, so I decided to widen the chance of someone coming across my thoughts ideas & other rubbish to do with my life, then making comments/ constructive criticism about me and the blog so I decided a new blog on a different site was the answer

This has been achieved by my new blog on myspace I am having problems trying to access it through google at present.

For those of you who are desperate you can e mail me or try typing in "Thoughts on Life as a TOG" to gain access.

I have found the new format a little strange to work with in some respects & worried when a photo of someone called Tom appeared as a friend, fortunately he is a link to help at myspace, so I can see I will need him quite soon.

Despite this please do not be put off using myspace because it was a little late in the day after a rather complex day at work, when I was trying to relax, whilst playing on the computer & still listening to the tv, which just goes to show us males are not quite as good at multi tasking as we would like to think, or at least us older Togs have.

So far I have not tried to put any of my photos on the new blog, so all you nice people who have complemented me on the photos on this site will have to wait a little longer, plus Brian informs me that there is a problem with lots of photos for others to upload the information particularily on dial up (I think thats what he said )

I will later today try to work out how to create a link between the sites or better still ask brian to assist me with the technicality

7.30pm 24 November 2006

Well as Anonymous said in their comments, there are problems & my friend Alan has found the worst one which is that nobody can find my blog on Myspace including me unless I sign in.

I am not sure if it needs more time to appear, or if there is some fundamental mistake I & others are making, which seems unlikely because I have tried my own e mail address, name, blog title, & display name all with no success.

If any of you out there can tell me the answer please let me know, is it because I am a tog or is it the site, I am begining to think I may have to stick with Blogger & my limited audience of readers who now include, my latest reader Anonymous, I wish I could of thought of such an unusual name.

Maybe this is the right time to speak to my only friend on myspace Tom or one of his clever friends

Having said that I still have not found how to have a look at Green with Envys site on Blogger yet, I just worry that these people are those who know me but unwilling to let on they are as sold on my Blog as me.

I will keep you all informed of any progress with Myspace if you have not all given up already, if so please continue with this blog, because for those of you not yet aware, soon I will post a new blog about the progress of my plans for my birthday next year that will make a really good read ( says he hopefully)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right,Mr. Fearless, myspace is not user friendly!!!!

Anonymous said...

Stick in there Mr Fearless, even a TOG (with a little coaching) can learn (or is that stumble) and find the ways around the issues created by this box of diodes, wires, resistors, a couple of transistors and a the work of a team of software programmers (who seem to love to hide certain features)

Hamster