19 Nov 2006

Ken Dodd Happiness Show What a brilliant Night

Well I am just recovering from a night at Tameside Theatre, where I went with Andy to watch Ken Dodds show.

People had warned us that it may be long but I felt it was a load of rubbish, nobody gives that much entertainment for £17 a person.

Well I was totally wrong, I do accept that there was other entertainment, which was also enjoyable, but how Ken can keep an audience for so long was absolutely incredible.

The pace that he set & how he kept it topical, relevent to the audiance that he had, mainly us older generation ( sorry Andy not including you) skowed a marvelous performer a true master of his craft.

The other thing I had forgotten was his singing ability, & how timeless his songs are.

I just wish I had a good memory, ten minutes worth of his act could keep me going for years.

The downside was that when I got home at 1pm I then could not get to sleep quickly and am still suffering for having sat down in one place for so long, but it really was worth it & I can only suggest if any of you out there has the chance go & see Ken.

The only strange thing seemed to be that members of the audiance seemed to come & go which I have never seen before & to me seemed quite ignorant, the only thing I can think is that they were smokers going into withdrawl.

3 comments:

francisthefearless said...

thanks for the comment scarlett angel that may explain us old togs but not you youngsters, so lets just continue to enjoy his greatness

Amo said...

Nice on jeff.
Dad was saying how good the performance was and i was saying he should do a blog but i think you got it all here in writing for everyone to see.
i wish i could make my blogs as interesting and intreguing as you do.
Once again great blog.
Amo

francisthefearless said...

Thanks for the kind words Amo