26 Jun 2013

Last day in Copenhagen 24 June 2013

I must apologize to you readers, for getting so far behind but it has been a busy few days since my last post, I will post this about our final day in Copenhagen,  then tomorrow try to catch a little on the next day or two, its always harder when busy to find the time

Sadly this was our last day in Copenhagen,  we started with a hearty breakfast, then into the city by tram.
We decided to do one of the hop on off, boat trips, to make it easier to get round,  there was a group of young school children on board who were very well behaved, this photo is of a particularily low bridge we went under, we again visited sites such as the little mermaid but also a mixture of other sites that were of interest,


I noticed this motorhome as the boat went past, I hope nobody tried to walk to the back whilst it was parked so far back on the quayside

Then went looking for the Round House Rundtarn, what a climb it was  along the sloping floor to the top
but well worth the effort, we could see the bridge to Malmo in the distance
but also some of the rides at Tivoli Gardens,

next we went to the Botanical Gardens, had something to eat, then wanderd about admiring the displays and taking photos
,  this is one of the alpine gardens together with my elusive travelling companion Brian,I enjoyed the tranquility of the lily pond with the ducks
eventually we left there and I returned to the hotel, Brian stayed on.

I did some packing, had a rest as my back was in pain,  then we later went for our last meal at the Chinese,  I had a real beef burger, it was 3 times the size of those from a certain fast food chain and much tastier,  I struggled to finish the meal.

Next we went to the promenade to take last photos,  of the sunset,

clouds had gathered so nothing like as good as we hoped for,  so we started back, but over a 10 minute period the sky went a lovely red and pink making it worth the wait,
then back to the hotel as it was getting cold, then more packing before we went to bed.

No comments: