6 Jul 2007

Life Now I Am 60



Well folks slowly I am coming to terms with my new status, last week went to get my bus pass, sadly even got that wrong, remembered everything but proof of where I live, so another trip this week.




Tried to help friend out with shifting furniture, was okay till back set off, was fit for nothing for 2 days, so had to abandon all activity.




On the positive side, have been invited out twice this week, went to see Kath & Harry who I have known for for ever the other day, when we caught up with the last 40 years in an afternoon.




On sunday going to see Pauline & Billy for dinner, to show photos & have a chat about the party, Michelle who I have not seen for over 20 years will also be there, not sure if I will recognise her, again a sign of getting old.




Went for a meal out with Zorro today, tried to remember musical based on Shanglia took nearly 2 hours to remember it was Lost Horizon, neither of us could remember the hit song from Chorus Line that wasent "what I did for love" still cannot now, could go & look at LP( thats a big round vinyl thing for you young ones) but will get distracted & start other tasks.




Finally I have gone mad & ordered a brand new MP3 player so will see what exciting things I can do with it, when it arrives, so long as I do not loose it, or mislay it.




My computer will soon be upgraded with more memory so will then work quicker, shame the same does not work for me.


By the way all you readers what has happenned to the photos for my fast food blog, it seems to of gone very quiet.




Regarding the ME group, slowly getting to know the people there, have found some really nice people on the message board, the thing I have been most impressed at is how some people find the strenth to put up with the all that life seems to keep throwing at them, whilst still supporting others.




My loyalalties are being split at present my grand daughter signed me up to BEBO & the family keep sending me e mail which is lovely but for the fact often it is in text speak that I do not understand, also it means I have to go into this daily to read & reply, plus what an alien world they all live in, another sign of old age I suppose

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Jeff
dont feel to bad about getting older, so is every else around you,sounds like you have had some good times with old friends, your site looking good
janetx

francisthefearless said...

Thankyou very much for those kind words, what about some photos

Evelyn said...

Hi, I'm an aging (60 year old) Gemini too. Got my bus pass this week, think it's great, can go anywhere. Sat on the beach yesterday reading my book til the mist came in and I couldn't see!! What will I do in the winter??
Help! All suggestions welcome>

francisthefearless said...

Hi Evelyn glad about that for you hope soon will be able to give up work myself but body says the sooner the better