20 Jun 2007

Sixty at Last

Hello everybody

Well I have finally got to 60, it doesent seem to of made any difference yet, in fact on the day I only recieved one card in the post, but got a text from my son & grand daughters who will soon arrive for the party.
Later went to shopmobility & was presented with a cake & cards, so felt a little better. When I got home there were birthday wishes from some of my new friends from the message board.

As an anti climax I spent the afternoon at the hospital trying to sort out progress re his discharge.

This morning no cards before I left, but good friend rang about other matters, I thought eventually he would say why he had not been in touch, he did he had been walking in Derbyshire, I felt the need to ask him if he knew what day it was yesterday, Tuesday he said, my birthday said I, he was mortified.

Well went to work & entered our office I had decide that there would be a suprise party at lunch time for me because after all I was 60, I entered our office to the sound of party poppers & "happy birthday" my collegues had come through, the office had been decorated with balloons etc & I was presented with a posh new watch.

Sadly later I was then presented with a huge chocolate fudge cake, how did they know I cant resist this, we took some photos & I e mailed them but they have got lost so will have to post them later.

Came home, another card but where are the rest, hopefully they are going to arrive at my birthday party, if not I have judged the number of my friends very poorly & will not have another party for at least another 10 years when I have got my act together.

Having said that I going out next week for a joint celebration of my birthday & a friends pregnancy, just hope she does not get to excited & have the baby there, I wonder if I could insist that baby be in fancy dress.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday from one Togg to another ;-) Sorry I cant be with you :-( Hammy

francisthefearless said...

Thank you Hammy only 2 days to the party, will post some photos for your entertainment after friday, you will be missed

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday

Love

Maxine and Ivor

francisthefearless said...

Thanks Max & Ivor

Watch out for first pictures of my fancy dress

Anonymous said...

Save me a slice of the cake ;-)