22 Jun 2014

Only 2 more weeks to go to safari 22 June 2014

Well its not long to go now before the big adventure,  I think I have most the things I need like insect repellant, South African Rand money, I have just paid for a lounge pass for the airport so I can relax and have a shower hopefully before the flight, but also ordered flight socks and sorted out my seat on the plane. Just found out my international plug adaptor is not right, so back to thr shops for another.
Think I have all the leads and adaptors for camera etc and hopefully have enough memory cards for my camera and camcorder. How times have changed over the years,  when we used to send postcards from our destinations and never thought of being in touch whilst away whereas now by the magic of technology I will be able hopefully, to keep you readers up to date with the help of the internet and Wi Fi.
I have yet to check everything will go in my case, I would prefer to take the one, but have a luggage allowance to take either a larger case or two smaller ones. It's going to be hard to decide just how many and type of clothes that I will need, for the variation of temperature and environment, plus sunscreen,  aftersun extra shoes and layers of clothes. I have yet to put a range of music on the tablet for the trip but have enough in E books to keep me going for a long time.

No comments: