28 Aug 2007

Scooter Event Heaton Park 2007






19 August 2007






Well we had planned the scooter event for some months we had a venue, we had the riders, and we felt that we would make some money as well's publicise our organisation.









I had acquired my own scooter back, charged the battery and was ready for the day, unfortunately on the day it had already started raining as I set out, when I arrived at the Park, the other participants were already there, apart from the two who sadly could not make it on the day, despite this we set off with waterproof capes on along the course.







The course that we took was over areas that I had not previously seen in the park, as usual Brian was there to supervise, provide food and drink, and to chat to in the course of the adventure, as well as to take interesting photos of the event and the surrounding countryside.







At times the weather seemed to improve slightly, and the rain stopped, but then would swiftly continue again, despite that we all seem to be in quite a positive mood as we continued our journey round the park.




Although I was sat down for the duration of the course my legs still ached as did my bottom, so for the next few days yet again I was totally exhausted and even worse I had no sponsors so had raised no money, but least had taken some photos and supported the rest of the participants, my feeling after the event is that we should return yet again next year hopefully with more people in better weather.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see the Mancunian weather is still as unpredictable as ever. Better luck next year for the weather and sponsors

Hamster

francisthefearless said...

thankyou Hamster, its one of those myths that sadly people will now believe, we had beautiful weather earlier this year