5 Jun 2016

My next exciting Visit to Beetham 2 June 2016

After a very busy time it was a chance to get back to the caravan again, it seems to of been such a busy life just recently so I was hoping for peace quiet and tranquillity. Previously we had said we would try to do without TV and Wi Fi, but temptation came along and the caravan became the proud possessor of a posh new TV that linked in the with the internet, so they said.
I delayed my trip there because I had ordered replacement cushions for part of the seating, plus Jane was waiting for news about the birth of her new grandson, in the end, nature had taken its course so she went down for that, but then was to catch up[ with me in a couple of days.

Despite all we had taken previously there seemed to be lots to take yet again for this trip, so loaded up and off I went, the trip was easier and traffic was light. On arrival it was so pleasant to get there and the pleasant surroundings, plus peace and quiet, plus the weather had vastly improved. I quickly unloaded food bedding clothes etc , and of course the TV, plus now there was a notice about the super dooper new broadband. The other thing I checked when we arrived was the cooker hood that had been leaking to see if it had been fixed, no notice had been left so decided to check up over the next few days. I noticed that quite quickly the vegetation and trees had now turned lovely shades of green and Janes plants had survived from our last trip. Unfortunately the weeds had also started to flourish also, so that was another task for us to do. I checked the connections for fitting a tap adapter but they were not right so needed to investigate a solution over the next few days.

That evening I sat down to sort out the Wi Fi, which eventually seemed to work, then next task was the TV, well it seemed to do some things but would not tune into any channels, plus despite the fact it was supposed to link to the internet, this did not work whatever I did. Eventually I got it to work despite my promises to myself and proceeded to watch my soaps etc, whilst playing with the controls.

That evening it was warmer and lighter for much longer than the previous visit so was a nice end to the day. I spoke briefly to Jane through Skype and she said she was coming up tomorrow. The next morning I got up early and did some sorting out of the caravan, about 8am m y phone went and it was Jane, so I presumed that she was telling me she had set off, instead it was to announce she had left much earlier and was outside waiting to come in. I suggested she have a rest but when she found out I had not done any shopping she suggested we do that, I also said I wanted some gardening things so lets go to Kendal. What I had forgotten was this was bank holiday weekend and the roads were already getting busy. Despite the sat nav I managed to go the wrong way so we entered the one way system at Kendal together with many other vehicles that were heading for the lakes. Despite enquiring we kept getting lost and Jane was getting more tired so in the end we abandoned the trip and went to Carnforth instead, did the shopping and then returned, we both then relaxed with the warm weather we had.

Because it was bank holiday weekend the site was much busier with families coming and going, but on the patio all was peaceful and quiet, sadly I feel because of the extra people I feel was the reason why we saw no deer pheasants or rabbits for a few days. I stayed out in the sun to long so then got burnt which I am still recovering from now which will teach me for the future to firstly put on plenty of protection but then not to stay out in it for to long. Despite this it was still very pleasant on the site.

Over the next few days we spent time, just relaxing, trying to make sense of the Wi Fi, which eventually we realised was not coping so well with all the various other people using it so much, making soda bread and cakes as well as just relaxing. We went for a couple of walks as well as finally making the trip to Kendal and visited B & Q for gardening equipment and gloves, which gave me the chance to do some weeding

My friends Geoff and Joan came to visit us one day and it was nice showing them round the site, having a chat going for a meal then a walk in the woods before they had to return home. I heard from my friend Brian that he was planning to come to the site, so e mailed him but so far have heard no more from him. As I had started on my last trip I continued with my daily trips round the site meeting a range of people, I found that some of the younger families seemed to keep themselves very much to themselves. We met whilst out our friends who had first introduced us to the site.

After discussion I decided to have an outside tap fitted which would enable me to wash the car and clean the outside of the caravan and the patio, this was finished before we left so thats another task when we return for me, we eventually found out that someone had looked at the water entering but as usual it was not coming in, whilst we were there even when the workmen tried putting a hose pipe on it, they said when we were next there and it started to contact them.

Soon it was time to pack up and return home as we have another holiday planned the following week and we needed to prepare for this, we left more there this time and hopefully we will need to take less with us next time, I now seem to be getting better at remembering what to switch off when we leave. Hopefully it will not be to long before we return again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jeff. sounds like a really good site and caravan. xx