5 Jan 2016

The end of the year and some thoughts on 2015

I must thank my friend Mykle for reminding me that I had forgotten to post of my adventures for some time now hopefully rectified, I have been catching up whilst visting my son and his family in Southern Ireland,  more of that later.
Unlike last year there have been no huge trips rather a number of short ones in the British Isles,  seeing pkaces I had often promised myself to visit over the years but never got round to, having Jane as a travelling companion has definitely made a difference with some as with Brian and Andy on others.
My health has been a bit of a seesaw this year for no terrible reasons rather the time taken to get issues resolved. For example I started with severe breathlessness and was worried about the cause, so eventually it was diagnosed as asthma and I now take inhalers for it. The problems I started having last year with ingrowing toe nails I am hoping will soon be resolved now they have operated to remove part of the nail. Unfortunately the problems with my hearing seem to of got worse despite new aids a couple of months ago and at present no improvement is in sight. This makes it had now to listen to music which has always been a pleasure,  also to be able to hear people clearly other than in a quiet room with no background noise, I now start to understand the life those born with this must cope with every day, not sure though if its worse to of lost the ability,  I sm hoping with more knowledge to explore solutions in the new year.
Sadly there were health issues for my elderly neighbours this year,  he due to ill health has now moved back to the area he grew up in and his wife who has some degree of dementia is coping on her own not really sure what happened or when, although somehow she is still managing with some help from her family, the lady who lived below me has moved out so it will be interesting to meet her replacement in due course.
The nicest piece of news was to find out my grand daughter was to become a mum at the end of this year making me a great grand father, not sure how I feel about this,
Well will close for now and do another update soon

1 comment:

s said...

Nice to hear of your adventures again Jeff. Sorry that you are starting to feel the promise of Older age !!, at least that is not stopping you getting around.
graham