30 Oct 2014

Sadly a setback for the trip

Well I was just sorting last minute paperwork out when during a visit to run through the vouchers Sue my travel agent informed me that Virgin had cancelled the flight home from Shanghai to Heathrow and my choices were to cancel and have a refund, come back a day earlier or maybe a day later but that I would need to pay extra for the costs involved myself. It did not seem to bother them and the effect on me when I am starting the trip next Monday.

It has taken nearly 12 months to get this package together so extra stress now is the last thing I need to cope with, plus having to sort out replacement accommodation and transport all adds to the pressure.

I have spoken to one of the solicitors at Which Legal services, she gave me some advice so I have contacted Virgin via e mail to see what response I now get, on her advice I will also contact my credit card and see what they have to say as it seems they maybe jointly liable, plus it also seems there may be some way through EC legislation to argue my case, which I have also put to them, but if not solved now, I will deal with on my return.

Also i have posted on Facebook both my profile and Chicos because its not right that a company such as Virgin that tells us how customer friendly it is, can just cancel flights I presume because they cannot fill the plane but then walk away without any responsibility to the public as far as they are concerned, whilstsomeone such as myself have to pick up the pieces and spend more time trying to re book elements of the trip with only a couple of days to go before I start on the holiday.

No comments: