13 Dec 2013

Our Christmas trip to Malaga 2013


Our Christmas trip to Malaga 2013
Early on this year the three of us met that is to say myself Brian and Zorro not long after the Christmas and new year celebrations and all agreed that in 2013 we wanted to do something different this year over the Christmas and New Year period. We talked about options and decided we wanted to go to somewhere warm but not to far away or expensive over the whole 10 day period.

After some discussion and research we finally settled on Malaga in Spain, the next task was to find accommodation, hotels were very expensive for the time of year, so we looked at hostels their equivalent to our guest houses. Eventually I found one that seemed to tick all the boxes, because we all wanted single rooms in a pleasant setting.
Just before booking I noticed the company also had a range of apartments, including one in the city centre, it had 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and from the photos looked like it would suit our needs and the price seemed quite reasonable compared to anything else.

So I e mailed to the others who were happy with it. I e mailed the owner who confirmed it was free, so we booked it, there seemed to be some confusion with communication so I passed to Zorro as he is competent in written and spoken Spanish and all was solved, all they wanted was a small deposit which was sent to them
Next was to find a flight for myself and Brian as Zorro was making his own arrangements, I looked at a range of airlines and then came the shock, the prices were way more than some of the holidays we had been on, also I could not find a single company that would do the return trip for our dates, so have therefore had to book with two low cost(but not in this instance) airlines, the times of flights are not the best either, but it should be a pleasant break in reasonable weather.

Zorro kindly made contact with the owners the other day and all is well for our booking, the hotel was outside Malaga and up a hill so as well we are placed in the centre, the only problems at present are that we still do not have information on how to gain access to the apartment and, wet weather may occur so unsure what sort of clothes to take for the trip, I now have my money for share of accomodation and some spending money, next task is how to get to the airport, whether due to time of flight and need to be there at 5am, to use a taxi or pay for car parking near to the airport, I have obtained our boarding cards for flight out, must remember to do the ones for return journey tomorrow
Well all boarding cards sorted, we have decided to book a taxi and that is all done despite fact initially I gave the wrong date, now waiting to hear from Zorro, discussed luggage allowance, hopefully will only need light clothing, but from weather outside here at present is a good time to get away, we have high winds and heavy rain. I need to sort out my porridge for the trip LOL.

20 December 2013
heard again from Zorro, he has sorted out access to the apartment, weather fine, only issue is that lift at station not working so he will come and meet us at airport. Bad news at present is that back is playing up, wonder why it always seems to be just before a holiday, am charging up batteries for devices, what change these days with all this technology, that need chargers as a priority, together with various medication, just in case.

8 comments:

smiles said...

All booked and ready for the off. Have a lovely Christmas break. :)

francisthefearless said...

Thanks so much Smiles and I will continue to post as the trip progesses

Misty said...

You seem very well organised Jeff have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your holiday in the sun. Eight weeks today and it will be my turn to arrive at Malaga airport.

smiles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smiles said...

Better shopping today? Glad the trip went well. :)

Misty said...

You seem to be having a great time and getting around visiting places, Malaga Cathedral is really lovely. Enjoy the rest of your holiday....

smiles said...

You will be home soon. I can't wait to see the photos. Sound like you have enjoyed your hol. C U soon.
Smiles.

francisthefearless said...

Hi Folks thanks for following my Blog, I am sorry I can only just get to respond, I hope you like the fact I have changed the appearance and added photos