20 Oct 2007

Life has become a Little to Quiet


Welcome back, sorry but life has been busy, but not the sort of things that are worth recording for you to read since Italy.


Apart from the fact I was asked to open a a local version of "Kiss Me Kate" the musical, that is they wanted me to come on stage to sweep it whilst singing "the opening song " well I explained I am well qualified to sweep the stage i have swept stages in all sorts of interesting places like, Sharston Secondary School, The Broadway night club in Manchester, various bingo clubs in Birmingham, so if anything I am over qualified for the job, but so far have resisted the temptation of singing or acting on stage, for the benefit of the audience.


Sorry I tell a lie, when doing stage work in Birmingham many years ago, I was involved in a production of a play called "Our Town" in which the stage is set & cleared with the curtains open as part of the show, I had to carry step ladders & chairs on & off, the stage, I feel under the circumstances, walking on "live" was really stressful, but I made no mistakes in my role, or at least none that were commented on.


Unfortunately, singing or dancing I do not do, operating sound & lighting equipment I have done, including the old sound desk from Strawberry Studios (used for Jonathan King's session singers such as 10cc)back in my youth, with the likes of the Drifters, Stan Kentons Band, Gene Pitney, The Coasters (sorry all you young readers it was in the 70s after all)


It has always fascinated me that give people a microphone & they have to either sing , often out of tune or say "testing 1, 2, 3" neither of which did I ever do.


In the same way that if they walk past a drum kit they have a need to hit it usually quite hard causing chaos for the poor drummer on their return.


Well I kindly saved the local population, by my act of kindness, hopefully the show was a success.


This week, I went for a hearing test as us Toggs do, only to be told that my hearing was no worse than 2 years ago, so in discussion with the technician, we eventually agreed that local background noise was increasing, as was my tinnitus.


Balanced against that someone at work actually was suprised to find I was age 60, not sure if they thought I was older or younger, so accepted the statement in the hope it was the latter.


I have been reading that Melanies, blog about her trip to America, part 3, dont they make you jealous, going off on these adventures, meeting all these interesting people & places, having said that please have a read of her blog, it gives a very different insite into the people she has met as well as the places she has been.


If you are reading this & want to help my blog become more interesting I am quite willing to travel & describe in facinating detail where I have been & who I have met along the way.


No comments: