3 Sept 2007

Sad Death Of Dave

For a change I felt it was right to tell you about the sad death of my friend Dave last week, he had health problems from when I first knew him but he never gave up.

He was my inspiration in consumer issues over the years & I admired the time he spent quietly helping other people & the problems in their lives.

As his walking abiliy decreased, he found it harder to get out, until I realised that he could use my electric scooter, which gave him a new lease of life until finally his body started to give up.

Sadly it was a slow deterioration, but I admired, the way in which he continued to fight in his own way, still considering others needs, whilst in hospital.

Unfortunatly, he died in hospital which he had always feared, but I have to admire the way Anne visited daily & the hours she spent during that time seeing to his needs, as well as the care & compassion that she showed him right up until his life ended

Dave you will be sadly missed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure he will have helped and inspired many in his lifetime.

People who help people resolve problems are a blessing, but those that do it quitely and without fuss are those that we appreciate the most.

Hamster

francisthefearless said...

Hi Hamster
thankyou for those kind words I am sure many others would agree