28 Aug 2007

Sadly Daves' Deterioration

28 August 2007

Sadly over the last few months, my friend Dave's health has deteriorated, and I have seen a bright intelligent man get worse and worse, that much so, but now just lies in bed unable to speak, eat, or drink and my feeling is that soon he will no longer be with us.

I have to say, but I found it very difficult, to cope with this change, in particular I felt hopeless, because there was nothing I could do to help him along this path, at the same time I have seen my friend Anne spend eight hours a day with him, reassuring him, as well as comforting him, through this period, as he has got worse.

Unfortunately, in the not too distant future, we will be sorting out his affairs, as well as those of his friend, who also died recently, which is a reminder to me that I need to do some forward planning to avoid the same problems if anything happens to me.

No comments: