1 Oct 2006

Frightening New Experiance of Blogging


Well hello out there in the blogging world, I have consulted The Rough Guide to Blogging, looked at some blogging sites, have talked to some friends, thanks again to Alan, Brian and Andy, so now this is the start of my great new adventure in the blogging world.

I hope this blog will be interesting to you all out there, including sharing the exciting plans for my approaching retirement,as well as my thoughts about my day-to-day life experiences.

Included will be some of my photos past & present with a particular interest of mine in sunrises And sunsets.

It is my hope that the blog will be funny and interesting to anybody reading it.

Please feel free to make any comments, constructive criticism will be welcome

Bloggs to come include

Proms in the Park Manchester 2006,

Why I am having problems obtaining Which best buys

My forthcoming holiday adventures,

Plans for my 60th birthday (honest they are more interesting than you think)

10 October 2006

Last week I was asked if I was willing to be interviewed for one of the local radio stations Tower FM as I am a user of Bury Shopmpbility & have been for the last 10 years.

Of course I said yes this is all part of my new adventure, unfortunately I have managed to contact a nasty virus which has taken its toll so reluctantly I had to cancel my chance of stardom
yet again

Despite all this last night went to a meeting about vandalism by local youths in the area, most of the night had no positive outcome, but then when i objected about a council member of staff being nieve when she felt it would be a good idea for local residents to ask for names & addresses of the vandals, it was a police officer who actually said it needed the problems to be traced to their roots & thqat he intended to start asking for car registration numbers & any other information as well as videoing the offenders then visiting them at home to discuss what their parents were going to do to help resolve the matter, I felt that was a small victory for common sense, lets hope it happens.

Wednesday 11th October

Decided against commonsense to go to work today although I still was not recovered, I took medication to help me keep going, the problem is at work that my voice got worse as the day progressed, which is not much use when your primary role is to answer the phone.

Got home to relax and watch the soaps, was greeted by elderly neighbour wanting help because the TV was not working neither was her phone also the doorbell was not working, said would go and check my flat first, did this at first everything seemed okay, until noticed that was no light on the video television or DVD, so decided to check out why. Remembered I had lent my test lamp to a mate, my neon tester would not work and the battery had gone in my meter. Borrowed battery from my smoke alarm, checked fuses all had gone, rang mate who brought fuses, replaced all fuses plugged in DVD which caused loud bang, checked cables found aerial lead was beyond repair. TV and video still not working.

Remembered house contents insurance with Egg, tried the phone to find that didn't work either luckily I still have my old one so changed it for that, rang claims department, told cannot make a claim until tomorrow morning so much for 24-hour service. (Should have said that going into the TV withdrawal process)

I thought never mind I will listen to the radio or CD, switched on system surprise surprise, that had given up the ghost as well, after a lot of effort I finally found out that it was the amplifier that did not work.

At this point decided to go and see my neighbour, her TV & digi box were not working neither was her phone or intecom on the door, luckily her son was coming next day so said ask him to contact to the insurance company, said I would ring about the phone and inform her son later this evening.

Then spent another hour getting my old amplifier out and connecting it up, I could now listen to a CD, but then I realised that I had not eaten, so prepared snack.

I then rang my son and told him what a brilliant day I had had.

Finally totally exhausted, full of my virus I decided to go to bed, picked up my glasses and the lens fell out. What a great end to a fantastic day.

Thursday the 12th

I woke up still full of flu, so rang work and explained also that I needed to sort out my insurance claim.

Rang Egg spoke to young man who said somebody would ring me back, explained I am on holiday from tomorrow evening.

Rang TV man explained problems, he was very helpful but unable to assist in the short-term.

Rang Lawrence my magic computer expert, who said bring computer he would give me a swift answer, took computer, within half an hour he rang back to say it was the lead total cost an amazing £5 so went and collected it, connected it up and it works. Only problem broadband would not work, so rang Lawrence again absolutely brilliant advice so now back on Internet. Thanks very much Lawrence.


Then spent next two hours trying to sort out my three neighbours telephones with little success.

I forgot to say that I had managed to get an appointment to see my GP later today so will find out whether or not I am going away on holiday.

Next had phone call from Egg, they want to sort out claim but not until tomorrow at 11am, explained I am going on holiday, did not seem to make much differance

Friday 13th October 2006

Today I had an interview by telephone with my insurance company, what I found a bit worrying was that they asked me to tell the story twice which for a TOG is a big order in particular when we struggle to remember what we did five minutes ago. Anyway the good news is that they have accepted the claim and when I returned from holiday I will be able to sort out my TV etc.

Well at long last I will soon be on holiday, but after packing the traffic reports said there were problems on the motorway, so I decided to leave early for my friends Tom & Wendy, who were taking me to the airport. I have decided to start a new post to tell you all of my adventures in Corfu.

So please all you readers out there, now please go and have a look at my new post entitled A Lonely TOGS Adventures in Corfu.

5 November 2006

Having just finished my last post I thought I would have a quick look at a Blog my friend and advisor Brian had suggestewd namely that of the 43 bus
( http://the43.blogspot.com/2006/10/how-it-was.html ) sorry I would insert a link in its proper place but still having problems doing this.

I really enjoyed this, such a change to some of the very strange Blogs I have come across so far, even when looking at the Blog awards.

Have suddlenly realised, it is 6.45 and I am getting cold because the heating has not come on, so now need to decide with all this excitement do I go back to bed and try to sleep, or get up dressed then go for my sunday paper, wait for the next exciting episode, in a Togs new adventure

1 comment:

andynsue said...

Hi Jeff nice sunset. Keep up the blogging. Andy